1980 Puch Maxi Fouled Spark Plugs

Hello everyone!!

I recently bought a Puch Maxi, and the problem is it keeps Fouling my spark plugs. Every time I buy another plug it's good to ride for i'd say 3-4 miles before it starts sputtering and gradually losses power. After power is lost I cannot turn it back on, so I check the spark plug, and you guessed it! it's fouled. I have gone through the carburetor and cleaned it all out. I use regular 87 octane unleaded gasoline, and my ratio of gas to oil is 50:1. I wanted to know what could be the problem. Thank you

IMG_20140925_161021_442.jpg

Re: 1980 Puch Maxi Fouled Spark Plugs

♣Slew Foot♣ /

your light/brake/horn circuit not in propper order. if the horn buzzs all the time it is either the horn or switch. double leed ground to outside of horn to bypass, or one of your bulbs is the wrong one or out, return groundwire from tail fubared or brake sensors, headlight out.

could be bad winterblend urban gas too, it is the season, switch to a bp6hs.

Overpriced Parts /

Not jetted/tuned correctly in other words wrong fuel/air mixture because of added performance pipe and performance filter the person didn't tune/jet the carb with the correct jet and or needle clip selection .

You could have the choke plate not connected to the arm correctly making it fall down blocking the air

♣Slew Foot♣ /

3-5 miles is about 8 minutes, could be a condenser shitting out.

go with ken, he is the puch guy.

although, i think the pro pipe and hi flow would lead to a lean condition. the other dreaded thing it could be: is loss of compression at operating temperature, due to a seal leak, bad ringset, or the worst case, an ovalled cylinder.

Hello again!!!

It turns out that the timing was about 15 degrees before my top dead center line and 32 degrees before my ideal 17 degree mark. thanks Ken. Also thank you Slew for the diagram I got my horn working again!!

Duh.....no 64deg.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account