what jet would you use?

I have a stock e50 running a 12mm bing and a high flow air filter. I have the stock exhaust on but I am replacing it with a techno boss what jet would you recommend? This sounds abit noobish but just looking for a bit of advice

Re: what jet would you use?

I knoq there is no definitive answer, just some advice is all I need.

Overpriced Parts /

Depends on what size intake (12mm-14mm), shape of intake (round or square port), cylinder and head (hi torque or open port) and carb atomizer (212a or #222)

List what you have and you can get a better guess

Its a 12mm intake, 221a atomizer and a round port bing. Open port head. Hope that helps. (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Nope no help

Never heard of 221 atomizer

And open port cylinder jets different then hi torque cylinder/top end

So with lack of information/piss poor information I would say a few more sizes then you have now but who knows.

Similar Set up I had: boss pipe, 2 hp hi torque top end, 14mm intake, 12mm bing 222 atomizer, 72 jet, 16x45 gears, 38-40 mph on the flat.

You should change intake to 14 mm and run a 222 atomizer for good tuning.

Off by one jet or needle clip selection and your bike will run like a dog.

The secret to making good power is good crisp jetting.

Sorry I meant 212a. My phone has a terrible keypad. I am running a 74 on the stock pipe (Don't get mad thats all I had to get it running) The thing is I am getting no four stroking at all... I think I have a massive air leak some place on the bike. What are your thoughts?

I think you have a massive air leak some place on the bike. Fix air leak.

Overpriced Parts /

A 60 jet on a 212a atomizer can be equal to high 60s jet with a 222 atomizer

212a atomizer is very rich because of the huge opening at the needle end

The carb was the problem. Put new gasket in it. The bike four stroked like hell. Upgraded to a techno boss and down jetted to a 72. I also replaced the air filter clamp because the air filter kept falling off. Bike idles and revs fine now. No four stroking, about to preform a plug chop to see how the bike is handling it. I will post later with results.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account