Wont idle, 4 stroking

hey guys. 70cc bored e50 with high high comp head. Running a sidebleed and jetted at 82.

I'm having a damn awful time getting her started, and when she is going she wont idle, keep stalling at stoplights.

Not sure whats up, upjetted from a 78 that was way lean, doesnt seem to be bogging. Timing seems ok and everything, spark is good.

Think maybe big airleaks on the carb? i duno

Re: Wont idle, 4 stroking

you didn't say what carb/atomizer/slide...what timing/ignition...got to know or can't answer...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

bulb outage or horn if it will start normally with the front brake applied.

you just might have airleaks if you are running a 78 and coming out lean on a non-race carb.

i am at 70cc and running a 70 but that is a reed tomos w a 14.9 sha / flat slide, i am a fuddyduddy tho, 50 mph on a moped is just about as fast as i would want to go.

Puch_timing_chart.jpg
Picture20.png

Ya "timing seems ok" is not good enough. Time it correctly with a light.

I assume you're running a bing, they usually have air leaks where they attach to the intake. You can use an o-ring to seal that.

I had a buddy with a bing 14 on a k-star 70 kit, couldn't get it to idle until he modified the slide by drilling a hole in it (check wiki).

BINGS ALSO VERY SENSITIVE TO ATOMIZER

Overpriced Parts /

Mike A Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ya "timing seems ok" is not good enough. Time it

> correctly with a light.

>

> I assume you're running a bing, they usually have

> air leaks where they attach to the intake. You can

> use an o-ring to seal that.

>

> I had a buddy with a bing 14 on a k-star 70 kit,

> couldn't get it to idle until he modified the

> slide by drilling a hole in it (check wiki).

Where is it in wiki?

Alright,

just to give everyone some closure it was some mega air leakage downstream of the carb

I did what all good laboratory scientiests would do and smothered it with vacuum grease, BLAM super super fucking rich.

Basically i had such air leackage I had to upjet to compensate. Too lean to idle and start, but at WOT was managing to pull so much gas it wold 4 stroke

jetted back down to a 78 and she purrs like a kitten.

well not a kitten, she bangs and pops like crazy but thats just her nature

and the timing was gapped at .016 both plug and points, and as retarded as possible on an unmolested stator. It needs more but i havent had the chance to dremel that bitch out

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account