Puch e50 Floods with transmission fluid

So I just my puch maxi all put back together today and thought it would run. But alas I have a major issue. The damn thing runs but it can't carry me at all. The engine can spin the rear tire pretty fast when it's off the ground. But it seems like the piston cylinder is flooding with transmission fluid and it might be burning some of that fluid as well.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with a gasket I have "left over" from my rebuild its the circular one from this set.

Any other ideas or has anyone encountered this same problem???

Re: Puch e50 Floods with transmission fluid

If youre flooding the jug with trans fluid you should just quit mopeds now... The trans fluid should stay IN the transmission. That gasket you have left over would not prevent this issue...it just goes between the case and the clutch cover. What makes you say youre flooding the engine?

When I take the spark plug out, transmission fluid comes pouring out. At least it seems like transmission fluid. Could it be fuel?

So the moped seems to run fine when it's up on the center stand but once i put it on the ground it doesn't have enough power to ride. It just idles but wont go

What gas:oil ratio you running and what oil? Theres no reason for trans fluid to be in the top end. And also no reason anything should "pour out" of the head either. When on the stand will it rev out with throttle at all or just on its own? And what does it do exactly when on flat groumd... does it rev up and move forward at all or just sit there and/or die?

this post seems more troll than real.

Running a 50:1 ratio

And I'm starting to believe it's not transfluid. Its got to be fuel.

When it's up on the stand I tends to rev out all by itself. Clutch adjustment? Either in the springs or clutch plate?

On flat ground the motor continues to run but doesn't have the power to carry the rider. Still revs on the ground but without moving the bike.

Hey man, just trying to diagnose my problem here. I'm truly baffled. I can't imagine what i've done wrong

you confused trans fluid with fuel? really?

Overpriced Parts /

The carb Float, float needle/needle seat leaks gas into the engine .

I adjust the needle/float replace the float/float needle valve

you would only get transmission oil in the top end if the crankseal or centre joint gasket are leaking.

did you use sealant on the crank case halves?

I use Loctite 5699 grey sealant, it sets firmer than normal silicone sealer and cleans off easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCTITE-PREMIUM-SILICONE-GREY-GASKET-AND-SEALANT-80ml-/220823676971?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336a1de82b

I did use an engine sealant called "three bond" and it should be the same as what you're describing but it's possible that I used it too sparingly on the crank case halves.

I might have to open my case back up and properly reseal it. I'll check it out when I get home.

What's coming out of the spark plug hole is red like the transfluid. But Wizards is right, there shouldn't be anyway for transfluid to get into my cylinder head

is white smoke coming out? if not it is fuel going in, check float in carb.

Does it smell like trans fluid? Gas and atf smell way different.

The smoke that comes out it white

Overpriced Parts /

Chris Bugge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The smoke that comes out it white

Ya then it's tranny fluid

Even if he did make that mistake, it doesn't mean he should "quit mopeds." He is coming here looking for help because he doesn't understand his problem. It is nice that you are trying to give him tips, but there is no room for your condescending attitude in a help forum.

Well shit. Must be a sealant problem then, right?

I'm no expert by far but I would say you have one of your seals not seated right or the cases are not sealed together right. Tear it down and check it out if it is really filling with atf I doubt it will ever run right til you do.

Alright guys, thanks for all the help. I'm convinced that I just went too light on the engine sealant and didn't properly seal the crank side.

I'm gonna tear down the engine and try resealing the engine halves.

I'll post an update when I'm done

Turn your gas off and try to start the bike. Pedal like crazy for a long time. If it starts let it run till it dies. Then check the top end. If there is red fluid in there it's tranny fluid. If there is nothing in there it's a fuel flow issue like Ken suggests you look into. Listen to Ken. Unless you didn't install the seal on the clutch side or it got totally trashed somehow, you shouldn't get much trans fluid into your cylinder even with a leaky seal. And unless your case halve were really dinged up or totally dry, the same applies. This will let you for sure eliminate a fuel issue before you tear it apart. (edited)

Alright so I tore down the engine and resealed the engine case. Good news, the transmission fluid issue is solved. I guess my crank side of the case wasn't sealed properly so transfuild was able to get into the head.

Thanks guys

Now ride like the wind( wind speed may not exceed 30mph under state law)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account