Swing arm on a dart.....

Hey! First post in a while. I am posting because my '84 dart is riding kinda funny and with my weight its kinda sagging a'bit. My idea was to fit better shocks and a swing arm. But because the bike is so weird because of the oddball frame and exhaust I have no clue what will fit. Any ideas? Thanks! -Eddie

Re: Swing arm on a dart.....

As far as I know the lower portion of the frame (motor mount part) is the same as pinto/swinger/cobra/ some magnums so it'll probably take any regular puch swing-arm. I think the dart may have a standard maxi swing-arm. Remove the shocks and see if you've got side to side play in the swing arm. It rides on a rubber bushing that could be worn.

Thanks! After work today I will try your idea of taking the suspension off. - Eddie

What I did find out is that the red plastic fender, the one that was included with the bike had its front mount dislocated and the thing was thunking up and down as I was going along. Thanks for the help!

ha cool, score on having a dart, i think those are really cool bikes

It is a bit wonky and the previous owner had a different engine installed but other than that it's a great bike.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account