BING ?

Is a gas overflow hole? Should it leak from here?

1007141650.jpg

Re: BING ?

It's a vent hole. If any part of the carburetor is overflowing with gas you have issues. Most of the time it's related to the float needle not seating. Make sure the needle and seat are both clean and in good shape. Make sure the float is not damaged and can move freely without sticking.

You have the same fuel filter on the same carb that I do. My moped runs pretty okay but no gas comes out of there that I know of

Any chance that's a sachs?

Thanks saabsonettguy.

@ dragondeka yes it is a sachs.

I had the same problem. The rubber tip on my needle was rotten, got a new one from Fat City and was good to go.

Cool thanks!

Bings leak like a motherfucker, the float needles always go, the the float itself, then the gaskets... fuck it get a new carb!

gotta use what i got for now

In the same boat...trying to replace it but I have to wait until I see a used one come up. I have the same carb and I was able to get to MOSTLY stop leaking through cleaning the float needle (was in ok shape so didn't need to be replaced) and minor bending of the tabs on the float. Doesn't fix the issue but buys you time until you can replace it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account