What causes terminal meltdown?

This, I believe is my headlight/taillight wire, my rear taillight bulb also went out.

This is a stock Batavus with m48 engine. Harness is in headlight can.

Same bike I mentioned rpm increase when horn is used due to it's effects on the electrical timing.

2014-10-05 19.33.36-1.jpg
2014-10-05 19.33.18.jpg

Re: What causes terminal meltdown?

Drawing too much current through the most resistive point in the line.

Could be loose wire or to much load , what does that come or go to.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

You have to keep the reactor cool, or the fuel rods will overheat. Meltdown.

Loose/corroded terminal.

Look for a short , a wire rubbing somewhere in that circuit.

resistance=heat

If it has a poor connection it will have too much resistance. The higher the resistance the more current it draws. Usually as the current draw goes up the connection resistance increases, making things worse.

I would suspect a loose connection or a corroded terminal that started this problem.

Yes^^ Abandon that terminal and move the wires down to the unused blocks. Clean lube and tighten the new connection.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

ah thats an easy one, it got wedged between the reflector and housing, that is the main positive in, least resistance was to arc into the housing instead of being obediently routed throughout the bike, electricity will always travel a shorter path to ground.

usually seeing grandma, your best freind and the wifey with a great dane latex and something that looked like a lasso in the waterbed suite at the hilton causes terminal meltdown, that or being fired from the control tower or post office qualifies as well.

also if it ground out somewhere it'll dump the whole current thru n heat

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account