Batavus M56 woes

OK, so I recently purchased a Batavus Regency HS with a Laura M56 engine in it. I did this despite many strong warnings against doing so. In hind sight I know now I should have listened to them.

One problem I have is that the thrust saucer (to engage the starting clutch) and the screw holding it were missing from the crankshaft. Someone in the past lost it and just tightened down the starter leaf spring. As a result the clutch housing and starter leaf spring are pretty messed up. The circlip and shim or shims were also absent. I have spent a substantial amount of time the last few days trying to locate these parts. If anyone knows where I could get these parts please let me know. I do know that Daelim M56 parts should work. If you have a thrust saucer I could borrow to copy or fabricate, that would be great. I think I could ( with a lot of effort) reinvent the wheel on this but would rather not. Also if anyone can confirm that the screw holding it is a 3M x .35M (fine) . I have not been able to locate one locally, just the course(3M x .5M. I could drill and tap it to the 4M I suppose.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Re: Batavus M56 woes

This place might have it. :http://www.myronsmopeds.com/

2013-03-12 16.25.57-1.jpg
2013-03-12 16.25.24-1.jpg
2013-03-12 16.20.44.jpg

2013-03-12 15.51.03-1.jpg

Jake LaMotta /

You should just buy another M56 for spare parts! I know where you could get one too haha

Thanks Steve

Thanks Adam.

Thanks Jake

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account