Wtb Headlight for my cimatti city bike.

Is there a 6v headlight that I can buy and just drop in without crazy mods or anything lots of brand new 6v headlights eBay for old Hondas but unsure on their size..

Re: Wtb Headlight for my cimatti city bike.

It looks like the first one and my factory speedo that registers 60mph is mounted in the headlight bucket.

Take some measurements of the diameter and email me. I should have one to sell you. I have a bunch of six volt stuff. I'm mostly 12 v now.

Just under 4 inches for the opening through the bezel

image.jpg

So I've got this which I believe is what u r looking for its a 6 volter. The 12 v version is at any auto store. The 6 volter is basically the same size as a cev171 which are out there. Mike has them at fatcitymopeds. I could sell this one but the problemo is that it fits in a medium priority mail box which is $13 for postage. So it makes more sense to buy a new one that mike can package

And send for less. If ya want it I will package it up. Of course local pick up would make sense if you were nearby.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking at your light Kyle what are all those dots like LEDs showing through??

Are we looking at a vintage light or did you find a warp in the time continuum and bring a led out from the future. Does that mean that mopeds will come back big In The future??

Yes those are led lights was going to do a convention but confused on the how to, running bridge rectifiers, capacitors, what to buy, and where to buy, excetera excetera excetera. I'm running a battery to them now but just want things cleaned up

So the 12v light from the auto parts store will work at 6v?

Haha just actually was discussing this with a moped master. So if ya want to use your light or go 12 v auto float the light coil and run both through either a two wire volt reg for ac ie 12 v auto store tractor light or go with a five wire trailtech rectifier volt reg and do your led headlight. Btw what exactly is that light and what does the back of it look like. Even though it's a "6v" coil it will out out up to 20 volts at speed. If u are 100% led then use a small battery on the dc side of the trailtech and u should be ok. Don't believe u can do do this with one wire ac. It don't work period.

I cut the origanal lens off the bulb and used the guts of a 6v led flashlight.

Ahhh. So ya need 6 v regulated dc for that specific one that's a tall order if it's not battery driven.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account