[Puch E50] Flywheel Issue?

Nicholas Holcomb /

Okay so i was riding my ped it started fine (Kind of a newb here ) and about 10 min in it shuts off when i stopped for a 4 way intersection.... Of course i did the wrong thing i knew it was probably stupid at the time and boy was i right... I nonchalantly try to just push start her; she start to crank and then bam flywheel stops and thats all she wrote.

Now the thing i first think is F me its seized ... but the back tire and the main drive gear ( Big one , E50 single speed ) as well as clutch still spin . i know this cause i did some slight surgery to see if the clutch was stuck.

I know that really doesn't take away from the chances that she seized but has anyone had this issue or know more than me that would be so kind as to impart some wisdom and knowledge ? i figured id ask before proceeding ,seems to work out better when i do .

Re: [Puch E50] Flywheel Issue?

Did the flywheel come loose/off? If it did while running you will have problems.

Overpriced Parts /

Good chance you seized your aluminum cylinder running a lean Sha carburetor, biTurbo pipe and unchecked timing.

Pull the top end off (head, cylinder and piston) and see if the flywheel turns.

Nicholas Holcomb /

Nope just suck right as it is mounted wont budge .. every now and again it will jiggle though (when i try to rotate it with hand). So basically its rock solid as if it never moved to begin with. and also thank you to other reply i will do this tommorow (edited)

Nicholas Holcomb /

Also suggestions on how to fix inb4 combo punch would be highly appreciated! [New at this]

Soak piston with P B Blaster, gently tap a wood block to see if it break free, harder if needed , its stuck. read this too if you haven't already , Fred's guide is good:http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Category:For_Newbies

Nicholas Holcomb /

Thank you!

Nicholas Holcomb /

Yep she def seized , Ty Steve anybody for pointing me in the right direction. Plus side is I get to clean, reseal , replace missing bolts, paint , rust treat , and re run tubes, cables, and wires . Did I mention clean? Also I guess a little pre history on this . I have only had her for about a month . Got it at a fair price and can't complain am actually kinda stoked to re-build her.

Picture basically is showing I turned flywheel and it moved.... (as stated inb4) along with the cylinder/header/piston chamber thing (if that's the right name?)

WP_20141006_001.jpg

Soak it again and maybe tomorrow it will come loose.

Nicholas Holcomb /

My bad mis communication. i have yet to soak it i just pulled it apart to see. went and got recommended soak solventy product will do this tomorrow.

Just in case you want to try...get a small length of 3/4 pex pipe(6 inches)...bolt the cylinder back down and tap on the piston using the pex and a rubber mallet...as a big drift...to see if you can get it to budge.

Don't slam on it...just see if it will move for you.

Pex is soft yet rigid enough to get it moving with out trama to the piston.

You seized at a red light while idling...might be just stuck rather than than smeared in like a rock.

Food for thought :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account