Batavus VA lol's how to kill a bike.

ADAM RIS /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My 74 VA, which I ran in Stock class at Tomahawk Cup has been sitting since May.

I had pulled the header pipe off over a month ago to get measurements from it, never re-installing it until yesterday.

Not using a proper new exhaust gasket, I noticed a ton of leaking from there and also where the chamber and header slide together, Awesome design btw??

Fix- I used a gasket material and beer can to make a temp gasket which was marginally better than nothing, and I used some HD fabric type tape at the chamber connection point. All sealed up...??

Now easier to start and idle but when gassed it's smoking like crazy and soft seizing, I check carb and notice one bolt hole is stripped, yay?

I ALSO quickly learned that my problems were worse or headed that way as I was doing all this without a jet holder+jet I failed to replace in the encarwi.

FUCK YEAH###(should consult doctor about lowering dosage)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account