1980 sachs seville tops out at 22mph

im new to mopeds, and having a lot of problems getting information on the sachs seville. mine will hit 21mph on level ground and then about 22-23 (verified with google tracks, and trailing it with a car) down hill. do these have speed governers? it will do top speed at part throttle and even up hill, and going wide open throttle just makes more noise from the exhaust and a slight tinging from what sounds like the engine

also if anyone has any idea where i can find information on what how far out the air fuel mixture screw should be i would highly appreciate it

Re: 1980 sachs seville tops out at 22mph

How many miles on it? If over 2500 or so,it may need the exhaust port and pipe decoked(unclogged). don-ohio

That maybe all it was made to go. Read Fred's Guide in here and more in wiki:http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Category:For_Newbies

Double Trouble Dan /

I had a Seville and they are heavy and slow. 25 was max speed.

Don may be right . new spark plug, clean carbon from systems, clean carburetor , fill tires to max.

not all sevilles had the 505 1d engines. so you may have a 25 mph version.

ive had 2 sevilles, both with the big engine. they both went 37 mph stock.

they're like a maxi on roids. imo w the d engine one of the best mopeds on the road.

It just turned over 3900 miles today. I never thought it could be backed up thanks for the advice

I hope that's what it is.Yeah,3900 miles definitely can clog an exhaust port or exhaust.

Let's hope it's not just a slow model.They made the `peds in Iowa to go only 20mph. don-ohio (:^)

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

look at your carb, if it is a 10mm it is the sloped. If a 12 then look for a problem

Is 10 mm in reference to the brass piece's opening?

Dragon Deka Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is 10 mm in reference to the brass piece's

> opening?

10mm references the bore of the carb. But there is a stamped marking plate on the side of the carb.

It says 85/12/10A on the carb, it is a bing carb with the little plastic bit. I'm assuming the 12 refers to the bore from what I could find on google. I may be wrong and appreciate everyone's knowledge. Any way to make sure it's the right carb for the engine? Or can you swap carbs and get much better performance?

that's a 1A carb. the 1a's ought be good for 25-30.

lots good infos here:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Sachs_performance

often in my experience the A's were sometimes timed crazy advanced which limits them alot. check timing. if you're not runnin the airbox/filter that can get lean and make it slower, also clogged exhaust and leaking decomp valves are common killers in sachs

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account