Puch - Clutch puller splitting crankshaft!

Well I tried to pull my clutch with a clutch puller and the picture below is what happened. What can I do at this point? Also I'm not really trying to destroy my crackshaft any further...

IMG_20141004_110645264.jpg

Re: Puch - Clutch puller splitting crankshaft!

Overpriced Parts /

Ya leave the nut on somewhat

That's what I was going to suggest but now he only has one choice...torch and hammer time you got nothing to loose go for it and show your skill...

Actually I was able to vice grip it 50 times to get that gap closed. Had to dremel down some of the screwed threads from the vice grips. All in all I don't think the crankshaft is destroyed.

Anyhow I have it soaking in oil since a few drops and propane torch wasn't happening. Maybe it's because this clutch has been dry for at least 5 years...

I'll report back if it being saturated in oil overnight, propane torch and retard strength don't do the trick.

You might be able to weld up the end of the crank and re-drill the hole?

A machine shop can fix it but might be cheaper to replace it, check around both ways.

Na man my vice gripping it 50 times to mold it back to shape with a little dremel action to chop off the vice grip threads.

Btw I soaked the clutch in oil and hit it with a propane torch with the nut on to get it done with the puch clutch puller.

Here goes a picture of success!

IMG_20141005_022116511.jpg

damn lucky it's the KS, no starter issues.

Impressive.( in a James Earl Jones voice)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account