New ped finaly started, won't stay running

Pearson Hurst /

So, I picked up a Trac Eagle (Batavus clone) off Craigslist the other day to tinker with. With y'alls help, I successfully worked out my spark issue. I pulled the carb and gave it a basic cleaning. Blew out all the passages and cleaned up the bowl so the float works, etc. I also cleaned a mud dauber nest out of the muffler (was completely blocked). The tank is a bit nasty, so I'm using a temporary external tank to try to get it started. The choke lever is missing, and the choke cable is frozen, so I haven't been able to start it up normally yet, but if I open the throttle, shoot in a tiny bit of starting fluid, keep the throttle open and kick it over it will start. It'll run for a few seconds, then die out, if I leave the throttle open or closed. If I keep opening and closing the throttle, I can make it run a bit longer. I'm assuming I need to do a more through job cleaning the carb, but wanted some input from people that actually know what they're talking about.

I should mention there is no air box or filter on the ped, assuming that may have some impact.

Anyway, let me know what y'all think.

Thanks.

Re: New ped finaly started, won't stay running

Is the choke stuck open or closed?

Make an air filter from some panty hose and a zip tie, they are very touchy without the air box. See if that helps.

Pearson Hurst /

Will do. Thanks.

Pearson Hurst /

Open, I guess? It's off, or not activated, or whatever the equivalent is.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account