tomos loud now

Ok so yesterday i was having issues with my moped it kept on bogging down and dying. no since it sat overnight it isnt bogging much anymore but still isnt right. However it has become noticably louder in the bi-turbo exhuast. My friend even ponted out it sounded different without knowing i was having problems yesterday. I assume this is a exhuast leak but not sure. Need more input and answers - all greatly apriciated

Thank you

Re: tomos loud now

Exhaust flange may have come loose, this will run you lean and can be dangerous to your piston and cylinder. It will also be louder. The baffle tends to come loose or fall off too, but I would hope you noticed that. It will cause similar issues to a lesser extent.

Yes this sounds like the symptoms of my issues. Yesterday, all the sudden, it bogged out and stalled but would start right back up and idle but would not drive with me on it. Where the silencer and the exhaust meet oil is coming out slowly as well. It also seems to be wet in the area where the little pipe comes out and right inside the pipe where the exhaust comes out seems to be wet too. I haven't had a chance to pull the plug out yet. Will post pictures

That will not cause such a dramatic issue, the exhaust flange where it meets the cylinder can.

OK so I pulled the exhaust off today and came to this.. the first picture is where it mounts to the engine and the other two are the pipe itself. Had much better pictures but there's a limit to a size that you can upload.

IMG_20141003_172028.jpg
IMG_20141003_172236.jpg
IMG_20141003_172317.jpg

You got a leak. Scrape all gasket off pipe flange file it with a flat file until is flat all around. Make sure exhaust port is flat and gasket free. Make sure gaskets are thick and fit , go to Allen bolts same length as studs, use washers to get maximum hold. Torque to 10 ft. lbs. for 6mm.

IMG_0107[1].JPG
IMG_0110[1].JPG
IMG_0112[1].JPG

Ok that's what I thought. I will be getting a new gasket for it. should I go 25mm or bigger? I will also be cleaning out the whole biturbo while im at it.

Measure and make sure it fits all the way around or it will leak. My new pipe is to close for studs and bolts , I went to Allen bolts. Expansion chambers put more pressure at the flange a leak will cost power.http://www.liebold.com/rumipages/espansioni/twostroke.html (edited)

allen bolts and led headlight 001.JPG
allen bolts and led headlight 006.JPG

Just order one from treats and know that it will fit.

I meant get the gasket, not a whole pipe.

Gasket came with the pipe.

And so that justifies buying a new pipe when he needs a gasket?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account