Minarelli v1 starter leaf springs

Decided to pull the clutch cover off my minarelli yesterday and found the normal leaf spring/ ball wear. I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find any info on where to get the leaf springs. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Minarelli v1 starter leaf springs

I just replaced mine, If I have to do it again I'll just make one from some spring stock. I'm not sure the best way to put a bend in it, maybe heat it right at the bend and let it cool slowly, bend it and then heat it up and quench it in oil? Black oil tempered spring steel is probably what would work best.

search page on topic for pictures and how-to's

sawzall blade(s) cut to spec, long or short w a little bend or even double stacked

you can even replace the bearing if need be and the new leaf spring will hold it in place

I have wondered about those springs for a while now. My oldest V1 engines don't use the springs, there is not even a place cast in to the cover to mount them. Why did Minarelli decide to use them on newer engines ?

You can buy feeler blade stock that is 6 or 12 inches long that is hardened but can be drilled and bent carefully. It might be best to stress relieve the springs after bending for long life. Starrett makes feeler stock.

If the older v1's aren't using the springs then how are they set up? I have been trying to think of a way to modify the stock design using an actual roller bearing on the clutch plate and a pin on the leaf spring to reduce wear.

A flat nub and a thust bearing would be ideal. I think that's how morini's are set up.

Ronald Bradds Jr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If the older v1's aren't using the springs then

> how are they set up?

The flat on the shaft pushes on the clutch bearing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account