Garelli Eureka Flex clutch, is this right?

First time working with the rubber clutch...

When i spin the clutch hub (part 12) should the bell (part 15) spin as well?

Should turning the rear wheel spin the clutch/bell?

I just dont know much about these rubber clutches and if this behavior is normal or not. If it is normal, how can you tell when the clutch is engaged or not?

Re: Garelli Eureka Flex clutch, is this right?

at rest or at idle part 12 should spin free of part 15. as rpm's increase, part 13 expands, turning part 15 and thus driving the rear wheel. turning the wheel by hand should spin part 15 but not part 12.

Hum strange. So the clutch (13) slips onto part 12 quite easily inside the hub, so I don't think its being engaged, but they all move as if its a single unit. I'll have to take it all apart again this afternoon. Any reason that the two would act like they're locked together besides the clutch being engaged (which i don't think it is)

check your starter clutch cable adjustment,

clearance between 13 and 15 is needed to prevent constant engagement.

debris, or the rubber being swollen will keep it engaged.

i gave my 15 a light sanding to remove some smeared rubber stuck to it.

soaking 13 in mineral spirits has been advocated here for swollen rubber.

also sanding to increase the clearance.

vital you use ND oil, non-detergent, to prevent damage to the rubber.

lastly, if idle rpms are up, it's very common for the rear tire to stay spinning, lower the idle.

I've been turning to see if it works with the case off, so the starter clutch cable isn't too much of an issue. Visually, there is clearance between 13 and 15. I've completely removed 13 and spun 12, but the hub (15) spins with it strangely.

Rubber clutch so confusing...

usually what happens is part 13 becomes contaminated or damaged and will swell, allowing continuous power from part 12 to reach part 15. in other words the rear wheel will have constant power and when it is placed on the ground the bike will stall. this is usually due to improper oil type or level. on the center stand, with the bike running, the wheel should turn some, but you should also be able to stop the wheel without affecting rpm's much. this is why you have to start the bike with the wheel off the ground. as you apply more rpm's, more centrifugal force is applied to part 13 applying more power to part 15 and you go faster.

I read them, but they didn't really explain whats normal behavior and whats not.

I have the one speed, so its missing some specific information for me.

I have a general understanding of how a rubber clutch works, and the one i have seems fine as there is clearance between itself and the bell, but it acts as if it is engaged.

Spinning the rear wheel will cycle the cylinder which I feel can't be right and I am wondering if anyone knows what is wrong (or if this is normal and im just being ignant)

13 seems fine as there is clearance between the bell and clutch. I haven't tried starting it yet because something about the clutch seems off.

I put it on the center stand, removed the clutch (13) and spun the back wheel and parts 12 and 15 both spin with it. If I grab part 12 and spin (With the clutch 13 removed) and 15 will move along with it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account