UPDATE: 1980 sachs

So i put a new taillight bulb in and she started up, now i have a new issue...I can get her started on blocks but she wont stay running as soon as the tire slows down she cuts out.. and i can only get her running on blocks, when i try on the ground it wont start, it did once but didnt sound right and as soon as i laid off the accelerator she cut out..any ideas?? timing?? does it just need a choke? maybe too much air idk

Re: UPDATE: 1980 sachs

Overpriced Parts /

Clutch preload/clutch plates swollen

Could it be idle mixture? it hasnt had an air filter since i bought it either

Overpriced Parts /

Could be both

But if it idles with wheel off the ground it should idle with it on the ground too.

You didn't say anything about not having it air filter on it or incorrect jetting/air fuel mix.

Say all information on your post.

Sorry about that, yeah it doesn't seem to idle at all once its running, as soon as i let off the gas it slowly looses power and then dies. and i still cant get her started on the ground only on the stand.

Overpriced Parts /

Both clutch and not tuned/jetted correctly

I was having a similar issue with my 1980 Sparta (Sachs 504). I have a 12mm square bing so that us the source of many issues, but I was able to get it to idle and stay idling through adjustments to the float and the idle screw.

Does the wheel spin when it's running on the stand?

Your clutch could be swollen.

The wheel was spinning, but wouldn't that just be from acceleration? It would always stall out before it had a chance to idle on the stand, which it never used to do last time I had her going. The one time I did get it to fire and drive on the ground since recent repairs it felt and sounded like it was four stroking...I'm sure it may be a combination of the air/fuel mixture and possibly clutch..I won't have another chance to look at it until Sunday.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account