Re: E50 Noisy Clutch Plate??

Zach K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I think that's exactly whats happening. There's quite a bit of wiggle room between the starter plate and the starter clutch pads. I've only had the ped running for a couple weeks, and it either didnt do it for the first week, or I just didn't notice (which would be odd considering how noticeable it is). Regardless, its definitely noticeable now.

What manual is that diagram from? I have a few manuals that I had printed and bound, but my 78-80 Maxi Spare Parts Manual doesnt have part #11a called out. Not that I think that part has anything to do with this issue. Just curious.

Once my puller gets here (Treats shipped it yesterday, probably have it Saturday) I'll dig in deeper. Ryan, I may be in touch to get some shims. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account