Tomos A35 70cc kit problem

Hey, I have a 70cc kitted tomos with an aftermarket pipe that I recently just bought. It was running perfectly fine right up until a couple of days ago. I modified the throttle slide by putting a 45 degree slit in it. it starts and runs for like maybe 5 seconds but is bogging hard. It ran fine before I grinded the throttle slide, so i'm worried that its that but i'm not sure it is. I have spark and I have compression. I run a 50:1 gas/oil mixture. Oh and there now appears to be some kind of fluid coming from my exhaust I hope its nothing too serious. Can anyone help me? thanks in advance!

Re: Tomos A35 70cc kit problem

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

You now have problems for life. Never kit your moped. They are not made for kitting, they are made for running stock and will do it perfectly well, especially Tomos, if you leave it stock and don't mess it up and ruin it with kits. You want to go fast, buy a motorcycle or a Ferrari.

I agree but in all fairness I bought it like that. It was running perfectly fine and had been running perfectly fine for a year or so without any issues.

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Well Okay Mike, I should have added never buy a kitted bike. Sell it to a sucker and get a new stock Tomos, if you can find a dealer.

only tippytoes replies?

MB wrote: "It was running perfectly fine right up until a couple of days ago. I modified the throttle slide by putting a 45 degree slit in it. it starts and runs for like maybe 5 seconds but is bogging hard. It ran fine before I grinded the throttle slide"

care to clarify what you were doing to the slide?

obvious answer could be to buy a stock slide, but there's more to the story here then what's been told.

stock answers:

you siezed it, it's been siezed

you didn't assemble it correctly, airleak.

fuel turned to crap, clean tank, petcock, carb.

yeah, what were you hoping to gain by grinding the slide ?

sounds like you f'd your slide up

i agree, get a new one

Overpriced Parts /

Tptwo Tptwotwo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You now have problems for life. Never kit your

> moped. They are not made for kitting, they are

> made for running stock and will do it perfectly

> well, especially Tomos, if you leave it stock and

> don't mess it up and ruin it with kits. You want

> to go fast, buy a motorcycle or a Ferrari.

You never cease to amaze me how little you know about a moped engine.

If you kit/modify your bike correctly it will do you good and last long time.

It's not the kit but how good of a job you do with the kitting and tuning .

One very important (tip) never listen to or get info from Tippy-two-three...Tptwo-bad...

Get a new exhaust gasket

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account