Puch MKii help needed

So I have a cherry 1979 magnum mk ii.

It will not run.

So far everything looks like it's here.

So I looked for spark.

Nothing.... Peddle and the engine does not turn...... Houston we have a problem!

So I can see someone had some trouble with the cable that is on the left bar. It's frayed. So I adjusted the nut in and pulled as much as I could and tightened it. Peddle, engine does not turn.

Poped the side covers off, rotated by hand and I have compression. A bit of sludge in the red oil. But pull the lever and the engine does not turn.

What should I see when I pull the bottom left lever? Do I need to pull the clutch and transmission?

Ty in advance for your help.

image.jpg

Re: Puch MKii help needed

Here is a pic of the cable

image.jpg

Overpriced Parts /

Your starter plate friction material may all be gone

I tried following the manual and turning the silver adjuster. It stated to turn it to the right until the rear wheel caught, but I turned it all the way untill the adjuster popped out with no effect on the rear wheel while turning the peddle.

So I'm guessing I need to pull the transmission and check the plate?

I had a '79 Magnum MKII years ago and had to replace the "short clutch cable". Its a lower cable linkage inside of the case. Not fun to get to, but it can be done. Double check everything else before digging in to that.

At the time I couldn't find a replacement so I cobbled one together. Looks like you can get them now... https://www.treatland.tv/puch-ZA50-starter-clutch-adjuster-p/puch-za50-starter-adjuster.htm

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I have them brand new as well for $25 shipped.

Lar, do u have a website?

I want to give this bike the full montey, what else will it needs?

I looked at the carb filter and it was metal screen, do they have a better one? Or is that good?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

No website, but here's a pic of it in it's original sealed Puch bag. You get the inner cable plus the two adjusters. PM me if you want it and I'll give you my Paypal email address to send payment. (edited)

clutchcable.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account