01' garelli avanti stock what do ya know ?

its a 2001 step threw . so its super slow off the bat .is there a clutch thing i can do ? how do i know what kits and pipes fit this is not a brand i am familiar with i guess im asking whats the motor called ? thanks any advice is rad.

cheers,chuck!

Re: 01' garelli avanti stock what do ya know ?

The motor is a Garelli VIP clone. I think the Avanti Mont was single speed and the Kobra and Autopower were two speed.

not noi? that was my guess

ok so no kits for the VIP? thats too bad . what about the clutch thing any input ?

thanks ,chuck!

There were kits for the vip, polini and mec eur. It's just that they're probably both discontinued now and might be tough to find new. As I understand it the clutch issue is mainly due to people using the wrong transmission fluid which causes the rubber clutch to swell and become useless.

11 oz. non detergent 30 or 40 wt. motor oil for transmission.

so if i replace them treats only has VIP 2 speed (sold as 2 parts and septate) is this a "2 speed" . it would make sence because till 10 mph or up a hill is slow and grumbly

thanks dudes !

Was the Autopower 2-speed or variated? I really almost bought one back in 2000 or 2001,but they had the clutch problems before I committed to it. don-ohio (:^)

***Kim Jong illest*** /

For a vip yes you need the inner and outer rubber clutch. They really couldn't be easier to replace. A good running vip is a 35mph stock moped with tons of giddyup. Get creative with intakes am d you can upgrade to a 15 sha for another 3-5mph. Use a clamp on expansion chamber to push it near 45 on the stock cylinder for around $150 total. As a bonus, rubber clutches mean that with some sanding (belt sander is easiest) you can make those clutches as custom as you like and really tune in your performance. My guess is the vip kits are hard to find because with minimal work and moderate know how they can match a mildly kitted bike with mostly stock parts

thanks so much for the push in the right detection !

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account