pug 103 cdi heeeelllp!

Ezel Lever /

I bought a 1980 Pug 103 lvs-u3 in pieces but with a new RMZ stock replacement motor. Rebuilt everything, got running great, then the screws holding the stator plate came loose and tore up all the wiring in the cdi... loctite.. duh. So I build a whole new motor thinking it was the lower conrod bearing... lol i know... noob. The new motor is a polini 4 petal case, arktek large taper crank, 70cc polini kit with w port, polini hi-comp head, 15:15 SHA carb, and polini sport pipe from treats. It has a stock/modded clutch/vario. Here is the kicker. I reattached all the wiring in the cdi and bolted the stator plate into another smaller cdi mounting plate due to case clearance issues and she runs. The problem I have is at higher speeds and rpms the spark becomes erratic. There is a chunk of the flywheel magnet that is cracked but not gone right under the raised part that passes the hall sensor. Diagnosis? flywheel magnet? bad wiring connections? small air leak? restricted cdi box?

Re: pug 103 cdi heeeelllp!

You need a new flywheel before that one fly's apart and hurts someone(you). Its dangerous to run like that.

Re: pug 103 cdi heeeelllp!

Ezel Lever /

well since nobody has any real help other than get a new flywheel, i ordered the mbk le partie cdi from treats. cant use the adapter plate since i am running the polini 4 petal case. hopefully i can hax some 6mm washers to space it out right. i already know that i will have to open up the center of the mounting plate... anyone else got some tips to make this conversion work? so tired of tearing up cdi's. oh yeah attached is a pic of the broken magnet in the old flywheel.

flywheel.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account