Moped tire sizes

Blorp Blorpmonger /

My moped takes 2.25 x 17 tires. Do I have any leeway when choosing tires, or will only the exact size fit?

Re: Moped tire sizes

It would depend on the bike. It mainly comes down to fender and swingarm clearance. 2.25x17 is a common size, in some cases you might be able to fit a 2.50x17.

Blorp Blorpmonger /

Thanks, it is for a general 5 star. I was eyeballing some dirt bike tires because I sort of liked the knobby look.

Knobboes will automatically need to be narrower to for than the largest street tire. If you could fit a 2.75 or 2.5 you will need to go down at LEAST a size to fit the knobs.

ChenShing(Ching Shen,whatever,LOL!) made a SEMI-KNOBBY which is great(I have one on my StreetMate rear,since I sometimes ride in rainy weather or on gravel.. Unless you are going off-road,a smoother tire on the front is best. don-ohio

Knobby tires go a little slower, don't handle well on pavement especially on curves in the rain and ride rough in general, but if that's what you want here's two made for mopeds. If you go bigger look at high how high your center stand goes too, to tall a tire and it wont fit or work. .https://www.treatland.tv/vee-rubber-vrm325-knobby-moped-tire-17-x-2-25-p/vee-rubber-vrm325-2.25-17.htm. .https://www.treatland.tv/shinko-trail-tire-p/shinko-sr244-17x2.5-tire.htm (edited)

Clyde Parkinson /

Hi guys

Im new to this but have been looking for some 26 x2 tires similar to basic bike tires but with thicker sides. To complicate things I live in New Zealand. Its for a Raleigh ..early 1960s .

Any help on manufacturers would be great.

cheers

Is 26x2 a bicycle size? Measure rim for motorcycle/moped tire, outside diameter for bicycle.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account