Tomos Targa LX issue w/ video

Hello all,

I posted this video on one of my topics in "performance" but I'll probably have better luck in this section.

I recently bought a Tomos Targa LX 2001. It has a biturbo and is jetted to 56.

I rode it for the first time the other day and I felt like it runs fine before 10mph and after about 20mph once it shifts. At the 10-20mph range it feel stuck or fighting for power.

I was thinking maybe it was something to do with the first gear clutch but when I checked it the cork seemed in good shape. I just recently changed the transmission fluid with type F and made sure there is enough and also that it is not over filled.

Any idea on what else could cause this. Video below.

http://tinypic.com/r/s1j682

Re: Tomos Targa LX issue w/ video

It sounds like the 2nd speed clutch slipping (the one on the back side of the clutch). Usually it starts to shift about 15mph.

try to upjet 56 seems low i use a 60 jet when i put on a pipe also check your gaskets for air leaks.

That's a good point, if its low on power it will shift worse.

I checked my clutch cork today and they are in good shape.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to lower the point that it shifts?

I've also been reading many people saying they want later shifting due so the bike can reach higher rpms. Does mine seem like it is staying in the high rmps of first gear for too long?

Simon Belmont /

If you want it to shift sooner, at 13-14 miles, fill gearbox with 230ml transmission fluid "Type A" or if you don't have "Type A" you can mix 70% Type F and 30% Marvel Mystery Oil (to thinner the oil substance for easier shifting).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account