Knocked a couple fins off FA50 cyclinder.

So I soft seized a while back while it still ran ok. I decided to switch to cooler spark plug... as im using this thing to commute 12 miles each way.. After initially readjusting the carb it ran ok ... then performance continued to become more sluggish went back to the stock plug and readjusted carb again to no avail the ..plug had a ton of carbon so I Decided i'd take the top end off. Instead of cranking the bike like iVe since read I used a dead blow mallet...oops. two bottom fins by exhaust came off. I take it running it that way once clean and reassembled would be a good way to welcome some sort of failure. With the 1977 kit nowhere to be found.. Should i try to buy a parts bike or get the less than stellar kit off ebay?

Anyone tried a JR50 cylinder kit?

Re: Knocked a couple fins off FA50 cyclinder.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's really fine, those two fins really won't change anything.

when you get a new cylinder, sell me your old seized one please, I have seized the one I got like 7 times and its not fixable anymore.

Picked up a couple parts bikes today..

Ill be changing piston and rings too the piston looks like it welded itself one of the rings.

barney gierer /

Check for airleaks were the carb bolts on. Repeted removal and install without a new gasket has a way of deforming the mating surfaces.causes the seize

So seized it again.... I was even hedging my bets by running 100:1gas and oil injection... I was still working on good carb setting and i guess i leaned it out too much 5 minutes before hand. One big down hill and death. Had to hide it and hike to a bus stop where I waiting now.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Too much oil is bad for heat as well.

I'd just cut out the prone-to-fail pump and run premix at 50:1. Other than that, it sounds like mopeds are hard.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account