1980 QT50, only runs on choke

addison thompson /

i have a 1980 yamaha qt50 that only runs on choke, boggs out on run and dies, when on choke, if you give it full throttle after about ten seconds its boggs out an back fires, any help please?

Re: 1980 QT50, only runs on choke

If it runs with only the choke on then you may need a smaller jet. Open the carb and check the number on the jet. Also, is anything added or missing such as the air box/filter or exhaust mods? If all is factory spec you could also have an immensely clogged exhaust pipe or exhaust port.

Clean the carb!

addison thompson /

it has a after market breather because all it had was a piece of pantyhose offer the intake when i bought it lol but everything else is stock, i just ran seafoam through the last tank of gas hasn't seemed to get any better, almost seems worse.

addison thompson /

i ran seafoam throughout it and it almost seemed like it got worse, and don't really know alot about carbs and how to clean them. and i see you have a bunch of QT50's do you think you have an idea why only my headlight and brake light work? the battery is good and holds a charge. rectifier maybe?

If the blinkers don't work check the flasher. It's under the black plastic cover in the front, just above the headlight.

https://www.treatland.tv/6-volt-flasher-relay-p/6-volt-flasher-relay.htm

results?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account