Vespa Grande Comprssion Cable

Our compression cable has come loose, Looks like the end has snapped off. Can someone send me a picture of how it is attached. any thoughts on how long of a replacement cable i need?

Re: Vespa Grande Comprssion Cable

Thanks that is awesome>

Beside the cable what is the other pieces that hook to the motor.

Can you send me a picture of that motor hookup?

Dave

Everything should come with the cable pack I believe. I don't own a Vespa at all; just worked on one and know where to get parts.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It goes:

End of cable in spring

Spring

Two-pronged hook

Knarp

I have purchased a cable and new spring. Does anyone have a phone or diagram of how the cable should install?

The cable is currently hanging over the head... That does not seem correct to me. Also not sure how the hookup is?

The cable housing threads from the back top of the motor and the cable housing rests in a little pocket at the back of the head. The center cable fished through the slit in the head and hooks through the decomp spring like so:

Go to a Kmart and get a bicycle tune up kist for 8.00. It will have all you need and you can get it done today.

you rock.... thank you so much

cant give you enough thanks!!!!!!!

Right on then.

After running pinball on a vespa, I'm a believer of no decomp valve. They suck and leak. Cardboard and joepegfromtheinternet for life.

Also... cheetah killin' it with the pics! (as usual)

Thanks for the kind words. I too never use any of my decomps.

The pics do show the mess they slowly spread.

Good to have them hooked up for resale purpose.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account