Tomos A35 w/ SHA 14/14 and Biturbo won't idle!!

Johnny Victory /

I picked up this Targa LX from a guy that needed some love a while a go. I've done a bit of work to it now working on getting it running smoothly. Here's where I'm at.

No air box, but have an aftermarket air filter. The SHA and Biturbo are both brand new. I can get it to run briefly. I have tried jets 56, 62, and 66. 62 seems to work the best but...

I can't get this thing to idle to save my life. Its either full throttle or death. Please help me out.

Re: Tomos A35 w/ SHA 14/14 and Biturbo won't idle!!

Check your mating surfaces for airleaks. Also I would definitely try a wider range of jets. You can get a lot of variance by jumping from a 56 to a 62 to a 66. Make sure you buy and try sizes 57,58,60,61,63, and 65 as well. Test for airleaks and try the other jets and then see where you are at. Get the Jets here Treatland.tv (edited)

Re: Tomos A35 w/ SHA 14/14 and Biturbo won't idle!!

Johnny Victory /

I spent a while rechecking the mating surfaces. Everything looks good and is tightened down. I can't completely check with carb cleaner until I can get it to idle.

I'll order new jets, does this sound like a stator/condensor issue to anyone?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account