Carb tuning

---- Corey B ---- /

I know so many people ask "what jet do I need?" And everyone says figure it out cause they should, but I'm beyond lost at this point. Tomos bullet a3 with puch high torque cylinder. Debaffled stock Tomos exhaust. Bing carb unsure of size sorry how do I look that up? And an air filter from treats. It was running a little while with a 50 jet but like shit and just barely and now not at all. Needle is on the 2nd most setting and I've tried 62 64 69 72 jets and messing with the throttle adjustment on the carb and can't get anything from any of those. Am I in the way wrong jet range? I know the exhaust doesn't have a gasket could that be it? Also I've tried tuning with and without air filter. It's 100% a carb issue I have spark correct gas etc. Located lancaster pa. Help a brutha out pleaseeee (edited)

Re: Carb tuning

Overpriced Parts /

You got to know the size of your carburetor and the atomizer number those are very important. Intake size is needed too.

Without those you get zero help.

---- Corey B ---- /

The carb is the bing 1/12/299. Intake is a puch intake that came with the high torque cylinder that's angle was modified. Unsure of atomizer I'll have to check

---- Corey B ---- /

222 atomizer

Overpriced Parts /

Probably like a 58-60 jet but the exhaust is worthless so it may be stopping you from getting a good air/fuel all through the range.

You need to make sure your intake has no restrictor in it

---- Corey B ---- /

Should I throw the baffle back on ya think? And I don't believe the intake does, previous owner chopped and welded it differently to fit the carb but I'll check. I have more jets on the way so once they get here I'll have to try 60. Thanks man!

Overpriced Parts /

No throw the whole pipe away and get a pipe with an expansion chamber two-stroke engine needs the supercharging effect/back pressure effect from an expansion chamber. A moped pipe is just there to restrict speed and power.

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No throw the whole pipe away and get a pipe with

> an expansion chamber two-stroke engine needs the

> supercharging effect/back pressure effect from an

> expansion chamber. A moped pipe is just there to

> restrict speed and power.

The only factory moped pipes worth any sort of performance tuning is a gutted Sachs factory chamber welded to a chopped down factory downpipe ("header") and a gutted end cap w/ stinger.

Otherwise, yes, get a pipe with a chamber. You dont need anything fancy or expensive, but you'll get nowhere with that gutted factory Tomos pipe.

The stock tomos pipe provided much needed back pressure. That is not to say that more is always better, but with no restricion you will just be blowing fresh mix through the cylinder and out the exhaust, making it a nightmare to tune. It's not a go kart.

Overpriced Parts /

DPC Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The stock tomos pipe provided much needed back

> pressure. That is not to say that more is always

> better, but with no restricion you will just be

> blowing fresh mix through the cylinder and out the

> exhaust, making it a nightmare to tune. It's not a

> go kart.

It provided back pressure but it didn't provide expansion chamber supercharging effect two completely different things. stock pipe is a total joke

Most stock moped pipes are a joke and are there basically to act like governor.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account