Can someone explain Tomos bullet wiring

---- Corey B ---- /

Got it running and took off taillight/fender to see how it looked and it wouldn't start again. Then eventually it did start again but rough and when I press the rear brake it shuts off. What's up with this cluster fuck?

Re: Can someone explain Tomos bullet wiring

Patrick Keaton /

The tail lights brake light might be wired so that when the bulb burns out it let you know by shutting off.Hook the tail light back up and if the bulbs are good,it should not shut off when the brake is pressed,unless the idle is set to low and/or you have an air leak.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

ceramic resistor in tailight cracked, it is under a plastic faceplate on the bracket. more likely hooked up wrong or bad ground. take the bulb out and flick it with your finger see if it wags.

A tomos bullet will have two wires coming from the engine case. One black, one yellow. The yellow one does all the lights, the black one powers the coil. The lighting circuit has nothing to do with the ignition circuit on this bike, so the tail light has nothing to do with the bike not running well. Post some pictures and list the things you have done to get the bike to run.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

if it was an a3, point set and ht coil is a bosch, john, it has the safety override.

Tomos-A3-Bullet-1976-86.jpg
Tomos-A3-Silver-Bullet_wiring.jpg
Magneto-Wires-Chart1-591x800.jpg

Having the same problem .

I was told to ground the negative wire from the ignition directly to the frame.

going to try in an hour or so and let you know

IMG_5351.JPG

---- Corey B ---- /

It is an a3, thanks guys I'll throw er back on

Got it to where the engine doesn't die when brake pressed

But ran into another slight problem

Bike only starts in off position

To kill I flip the switch to Run . Lol

First pic is how it was set up with the engine dying

2nd pic is how it currently is

3rd is that damn switch which was installed prior to me buying the Ped

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account