1988 Tomos A3 acceleration issue

conway twitty /

Hello,

i have a 1988 modified tomos A3. It has a brand new carb and has really been running great until recently. I've noticed that when i accelerate, normally it is a slow gradual build up but eventually will get up to around high 30's low 40's, which i can understand and am fine with for now. For whatever reason, when i hit the brake, front or back, when i release and try to accelerate again, it tops off at maybe 10-15 mph. I have to come to a complete stop, in which i push forward and backwards with my feet and notice that the bike is almost impossible to move, like it is locked in place, the brake is not engaged. I then roll backwards until it becomes loose and then I'm off to the races again. This is getting me by, but obviously is a pain in the neck because i live in a city where traffic is terrible and am hitting the brake constantly. Any advice? Thank you all in advance.* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: 1988 Tomos A3 acceleration issue

hmm probably your brake shoes jamming. take your wheels all apart, clean, grease, check pads, reassemble.

usually its corrosion in the expander/pivot pin or excessive wear. occasionally the cable is just hung up.

Re: 1988 Tomos A3 acceleration issue

conway twitty /

Thanks Graham, Are there any videos that will help show me how to do this? I am the farthest thing from being inclined on how to do this.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account