How to remove freewheel sprocket?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I need the rear drive sprocket off this MG Robin wheel, but I can't get the freewheel sprocket off. How the hec do I remove it? I've removed freewheel sprockets off Puchs and Italian peds, but this one has me stumped.

(edited)

PICT0024.JPG

Re: How to remove freewheel sprocket?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Never mind. I found the VAR tool in my toolbox to remove this style freewheel sprocket. It finally came off with a little bit of persuasion.

Glad I could help :)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

so lar, how do you get the sprocket off 17" grimeaca sachs wheels

there is just that teeny square to hold the nut and they slotted the bolt end to split them so they do not fall out? do i really have to loosen them and cut the heads off? i hate destroying stuff, wearing stuff out is one thing....

I am not sure what you are asking, but I will try. The square with the bolts in it is item 31 in the diagram, it keeps the bolts from coming loose, the diagram shows the nuts, washers and bolts together. Take a punch and flatten out the square lock ( https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-original-rear-sprocket-locking-tab-p/tomos-locking-tab-222583.htm ) so you can get a wrench on the bolts. The nuts are inside the hub held in place with tabs You need to pull the brake shoes to get to them. When I put mine back together I put the bolts in the hub sticking out then the sprocket while holding the bolts one at a time inside the hub and put lock washers on the bolts with blue Loctite and put the nuts on the outside. Checking them and after 1000 miles this summer they have not come loose and I can see them. I hope this helps. .http://www.myronsmopeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Grimeca-Hubs-with-Chart1.jpg

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account