Gloria scout

mick johnson /

I have a intramotor Gloria scout that will run about two miles than will not start until cool. Replaced coil same thing any ideas? thanks Mick

Re: Gloria scout

Dirty30 Dillon /

Condenser, typical symptoms.

mick johnson /

thank you for response, where is it located and where to buy one? I think its 6 volt.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The condenser is located under the flywheel, on the left-hand side of your bike's motor.

Buy the condenser here:

http://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=condenser

But you'll have to take a look at the flywheel to see what type of ignition you have (CEV, Bosch, Motoplat, etc.).

You will want a flywheel puller as well.

mick johnson /

thank you for info. will try to get at the flywheel and check it out.

mick johnson /

Well replaced condenser, runs longer let it set and idle and after a while it stalls and will not start. When cools down it runs fine for 4 miles than at idle stalls will not start. It seems to be getting a longer run but could be the cooler weather.

Check coil ground,stator ground too. How hot does it get on temp gage? To hot could be timing is off.

mick johnson /

Thanks Steve will check grounds, what type of temp gage should I get??

Are you putting 3.2 oz. of good quality motorcycle oil or more into each gallon of gas?You should be. don-ohio (:^) (edited)

mick johnson /

Thanks for the info and help kinda new at mopeds. Don I am using Klotz oil 3.5 per gal. Steve thanks for the help there is a lot of info. to check out.

You running the air filter on it? don-ohio

mick johnson /

I am running the air filter (stock) Don.

mick johnson /

I am going to try to set Timing, Have no idea how any help would be greatly appreciated.

mick johnson /

Would like to set timing, don't have a clue how. Any help would be very appreciated Thanks

mick johnson /

I found the timing info on this site thanks.

Your spark plug is no good. NGK BP 7HS

Pull it and show us a picture of the business end. (edited)

Double Trouble Dan /

If you have the minarelli engine, the most likely issue is the same one as mine.

The float needle is sticking and the carb needs rebuilding or replacing. When the motor heats , the needle tip will swell and stick.

As it cools the fuel slowly can fill the float bowl.

It took me a long time to find the issue.

My bike would run great and out of nowhere it would stall.

I could bang on the float and it would sometimes start back up.

Mile later the same deal.

When the motor stalls , spray a little starting fluid in the air filter and see if it will fire or drop the float bowl and see if it is dry.

I hope this helps.

mick johnson /

I will try a new plug I am at wits end on this ole girl.

mick johnson /

Thank you for the input. This sounds like it could be the problem I have tried starting fluid before but not lately. It takes a while for it to stall and the last time I pulled the plug and checked the spark, it seemed weak but still sparking it is making me crazy or should I say crazier

Thanks for your help..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account