honda express scored piston and jug help

so...i think the pics will speak for themselves. please help guys, i've owned a few express bikes but haven't had this problem. besides the piston and jug issue (which i do need suggestions), i'm wondering if i can clean the crankcase out and it will be okay? you guys see the rust in there? the thing is, the crank spins great. it's kinda of amazing.

also i don't have a lot of extra funds. but i do have some sea foam!

thanks in advance guys!

daniel

Re: honda express scored piston and jug help

i was thinking something similar...but then i need a bigger piston or will the rings flex out enough to seal it?..or are we just talking about cleaning the 'peaks' of the damage off and running it...

How much money do you want to spend , patch it up buff out the bore, do you live near a tech school with a machine shop?

The crankcase looks fine unless there is something I can't see. The rings look free in the piston, so just sand the piston to remove the raised edge of the damage and then hone your cylinder or at least sand it as well. The slap it together with some oil after a good cleaning and run it forever.

that piston is saying alot about what was going on before you tore it down.

i'm really looking at the black to either side of the sieze.

i don't believe it's blow by, more cooked oil?

clean between the rings = not blowby

the defined angle towards the sieze says exhaust was running cooler most of the time.

intake flowing out the exhaust cooling that area.

academic maybe, but identifying the root cause is the only point required.

trying to avoid the deep pockets, oil quality / ratio, and timing debates.

siezing stock is pretty damn difficult, there's a smoking gun somewhere.

details?

was this the motor you were rebuilding a couple months ago>

what modifications if any.

Talking through it in PM is seems fairly evident that there is a stator side crank seal leak, as evidenced by the oil seeping from the crank..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account