Mcmaster clutch lining a35

Just picked this 3/16 x1'' high strength clutch lining off mcmaster -carr

Looks like ill have to work with it to get it to fit maybe a little to thick.. But from what ive heard people use it an it work great. What fluid should i run?

A35 clutch

image.jpg

Re: Mcmaster clutch lining a35

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'd say just continue with the old ATF.

Never seen a Tomos that liked anything else for fluid.

Overpriced Parts /

Dillon Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd say just continue with the old ATF.

>

> Never seen a Tomos that liked anything else for

> fluid.

How many have you seen?

Just by changing to 5W20-5w30 motor oil over tranny fluid you'll gain a few miles on your upshift and it stay shifting better when hot .

My bike when cold in the morning running tranny fluid shifts at near 15 mph with my gearing. After it gets hot 15 -20 minutes later the upshift goes way lower like 11-12mph keeping me from out of the power band a little.

When I run Motor oil in the transmission instead of tranny oil I get up shifts of 15 to 16 mph when cold and they stay around 15mph/don't fade as much when hot like trans fluid. Motor oil for the win every time

Dirty30 Dillon /

A slew.

From personal experience, running motor oil in the trans with stock clutches will cause clutch failure, as the pads need the slippy ATF for longevity. And, if they are old clutches, I've seen them delaminate and bind up the trans when oil was put in them.

I don't know what material that is exactly, but I guess you'll have to investigate as far as fluids go. Those Tomos 2-spd's just aren't tough like the ZA50's. My ZA will up-shift at 30 if I make it. and my clutches have more than 3k kitted miles on them.

I'd say run whatever you were and see how it works.

Yeah when running 10-40 is when my clutches got destroyed hah once i switched back to atf it loved it. An ive noticed it slips when cold for about 5 mins of riding. Im excited for no more slip

Overpriced Parts /

Dillon Ryan Wrote:

> A slew.

>

> From personal experience, running motor oil in the

> trans with stock clutches will cause clutch

> failure, as the pads need the slippy ATF for

> longevity. And, if they are old clutches, I've

> seen them delaminate and bind up the trans when

> oil was put in them.

>

> I don't know what material that is exactly, but I

> guess you'll have to investigate as far as fluids

> go. Those Tomos 2-spd's just aren't tough like the

> ZA50's. My ZA will up-shift at 30 if I make it.

> and my clutches have more than 3k kitted miles on

> them.

>

> I'd say run whatever you were and see how it

> works.

Oil is way slipperier than tranny fluid

I had 04 revival that had 8,700 miles on the original clutches that had motor oil used for the last 6,000 miles so I don't know.

even the shop manual Service bulletin says motor oil is fine to use.

For your clutch is to have short service life you probably have too tall of gearing and or a hi rpm type performance pipe .

I want to run synthetic motor oil and I wonder if that is safe to run. some people said that dissolves clutches.

So how is Gorilla glue versus epoxy to hold the clutch pads in hot fluid? What is the best adhesive.....I've never had to replace the clutch after the one recall Tomos had on the 05 StreetMate original clutches.

BTW,I use motorcycle trans.oil in the Sebrings, and synthetic Mobil 1 ATF in the StreetMate. don-ohio (:^)

Cody Ziemba Wrote:

> Just picked this 3/16 x1'' high strength clutch

> lining off mcmaster -carr

> Looks like ill have to work with it to get it to

> fit maybe a little to thick.. But from what ive

> heard people use it an it work great. What fluid

> should i run?

> A35 clutch

Cody,what is that stuff called....I can't find it. don-ohio

Go on mc master an the part number is 6224k341 iits under power transmissions and clutch an brakelining

3/16x1'' its 4$ a foot i think 1 will be enough.

Thanks,Cody! don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account