just...HERE....dumb fucking wiki...puch hardwire

***Kim Jong illest*** /

fucking i dont know how to edit or add anything to the wiki so here. you do it.

(edited)

Re: just...HERE....dumb fucking wiki...puch hardwire

Overpriced Parts /

You're absolutely right it is dumb wiki that allows wrong information to be put in it. Not to use all 3 coils for lights is dumb.

Or not to use the wonderful three-phase system that is self-regulating with good bulb brightness and life with no regulator, resistors or headlight bucket that has a birds nest of wiring in it like other brand x mopeds.

Ya No brake light or a dim one will get you pulled over in most states too.

Putting all on one coil (21w coil/yellow wire) is just dumb for the poor performance that you get/completely unusable lights at Idle all lights go dim when you put on the brake and coil just eventually fails because of overloading and no regulation. I hate following someone who has hardwired lights I can't even tell if they put the brakes even if they wire the brake light in.

Full wiring harness with stock or same ohm wire, 21w coil for headlight and speedo, 10w coil for brake light and 5w coil for brake light Will give you good bright headlight and speedo, good working tail and brake light. All my puch/most puch mopeds lights and lighting circuits lasted 30 something years and will last 30 more years if wired and maintained correctly.

With a little fine-tuning like finding a very good focused headlight bulb for a tight beam and cleaning all terminals will get you adequate lighting and better than many other brands of mopeds without resistors or birds-nests wiring in the headlight bucket like other brands of mopeds have.

Whoever puts that hardwiring in the wiki add it next to the other wrong puch info like puch full advance timing video link .

***Kim Jong illest*** /

My 100+ hardwired puchs with bright lights vs. Your rant.

its really a moot point. whether or not you "agree" with hardwiring, this IS, as labeled, the simplest form of puch hardwiring. it eliminates a shit ton of garbage wiring you dont need, eliminates the horn, guarantees no hidden bullshit with spark, and is plenty bright enough for night and day riding, cleans up the look of your bike drastically, and gives +7 to your sexiness.

debating the merits/downfalls of hardwiring is for a different thread. you should go start that one and see how it pans out for you. (edited)

This is great I have been meaning to do this for a while due to the fact that I converted to 12v and do have bright lights and this is the same scheme I ended up with. Now having just 2 coils simplifies things and gives you a good starting point for when you want to add a break light switch etc etc etc..

speaking of rant,

circle of mystery behind that spinny thing, gee, must be fuckin magic.

any diagram omitting the power source is half-assed at best.

just like the sheet metal screws into triple trees and fenders for a ground.

omitting brake lighting is criminal.

i'm a big advocate of wiki contributions, but i didn't consider my (attachment) diagram polished enough to add.

i counted like 4 errors in mine, besides legibility.

you've seen Shelly B (mopedgal) diagrams?

demystifying wiring is the goal of the wiki

5 wire mag 2.JPG

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Josh your an ass wipe, hard wiring with no brake light will get some kid run over.

Brent Bublitz /

There is a separate lighting coil, why not use it? It's just as easy. Jesus.. robbing power from the ignition coil seems like the stupidest move in the world.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

What are you talking about? Who said anything about running lights through the ignition? (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Motobrokane Lives Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What are you talking about? Who said anything

> about running lights through the ignition?

Putting all the lights on one lighting coil is just a wrong thing to do to a six wire puch Stator. Just except it and get over it.

Stick to your motobecanes

***Kim Jong illest*** /

2 lights. And furthermore, again, this is the SIMPLEST hardwire, not the BEST hardwire. I made the diagram because I was asked to. There are several different ways to hardwire a puch. This one is the most bare bones way to do it.

To each thier own though I guess. What do I know. I'm only running 3 headlights, 2 tail lights, a horn and a speedo bulb from one coil on my maxi, and all are super bright.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

The stock 21W head light winding dos not have the power needed for even the headlight.

There isnt always a seperate lighting coil. Treats has a magneto with just ignition and 12vish coil

its a terrible magneto, i should know, but it exists and this is helpful for those with it

sort of

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account