How Are you HPI Guys Mounting the Accessory Weight?

The weight obviously screws into the rotor. Are you running long m6 bolts that run through the entire rotor with nuts on the other side (not sure if they would fit)? Are you loctiting the bolts into the rotor? I had some long m6 bolts that maybe run halfway into the rotor. Probably not good enough. I just don't want the thing to fly off. I should have taken a pic of the inner rotor weight mounted. It at least looks cool.

https://www.treatland.tv/HPI-mini-rotor-flywheel-weight-300-grams-p/rvs-plate-2ten-210v257.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/HPI-internal-rotor-flywheel-weight-315-grams-p/rvs-plate-internal-210v101.htm

Thanks.

Re: How Are you HPI Guys Mounting the Accessory Weight?

Harsky & Sutch SPICY /

Hey DAS the mini rotor weights I have been playing with bolted on great with the supplied hardware. The bolts just barely go through the rotor. Between using red loctite and the close taper like fit on the rotor, I felt comfortable enough to spin it up with out loosing an eye and check the bolts on the regular.

Ah, I guess the inner rotor did not come with hardware. Thanks for the response. I'm a little concerned about putting red loctite into that expensive rotor though. :). Guess loctite + lock washers + long m6 bolt should do the trick?

Harsky & Sutch SPICY /

I know what you mean. There isn't a whole lot of thread to work with anyway. HPI hardware seems better than most but maybe use grade 12.9 bolts? If the inner rotor weight fits nice and snug you should be fine.

The other issue is just how much rotating mass is next to your leg. Without the accessory weight the small spinning flywheel is relatively far away but I momentarily forgot it was there on my e50 and it made contact with my ankle.

I hope somebody fabs a strong wire cover that will clear the large spinning mass for puch and hobbits. I'm down for a couple if that happens.

The clear plastic 77 cover fits over it fine. Not sure about stock metal one though.

Can you post a link please

Looks like 77 is out of stock of those covers. Bummer town. I think Detroit Moped Works may have one or two.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account