In desperate need of help on How to hardwire my 2006 tomos streetmate? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light, on How to Hardwire a 2006 Tomos Streetmate. Previous owner Fried the harness and re-wired all the necessary wires but didn't get it going again. I found the cause when I removed the taillight. The green power wire to the tail light grounded on the bolt right behind it, and fried the whole rear harness that connects to my CDI/Coil ,Rectifier Regulator, and the rest of the harness. Could it have fried my CDI/Coil and Rectifier Regulator as well?. I got it all sorted and connected everything up, but still no spark. Could I also not be getting spark because the battery had no charge? And also does the "battery" version magneto play a big role in why it won't get spark ? I want to hardwire it to able to kickstart. I've done tons of research, and tried hardwiring it with a wiring diagram but still couldn't get spark. So any help would be greatly appreciated I really want to get it Running and continue on with this bad*ss Project.

Mahalo`s

And if anyone might be interested, I'm selling all the body parts on my streetmate. Tank, seat, front and rear fenders, rear basket, . As I'm in the process of a cafe project, so you know. "The less, the better".

Re: In desperate need of help on How to hardwire my 2006 tomos streetmate? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Out of the stator you have three wires. Yellow and white with red tracer on one plug, and red on the other plug. The plug with the yellow and white and red wires are for your lights and connect to the regulator/rectifier before going to the bulbs, brake light switches, etc. The single red goes to the red wire on the cdi and also runs to the kill switch. The black and white wires from the ignition trigger plug into the cdi and then the brown wire from the cdi is grounded. . You wont need the battery, starter relay, etc for your simplified kickstart harness.

Re: In desperate need of help on How to hardwire my 2006 tomos streetmate? Any help would be greatly appreciated

That's how I had it hardwaired but I didn't get any spark, and does the rectifier have to be grounded ? Thanks for the input !

Yea I'm definitely not getting spark, it's either my cdi/coil or my regulator

Yea I have a diagram saved on my phone, but thanks for the input. I'm gonna see if I can barrow a multimeter from a friend to see if My cdi is bad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account