Ciao running irregular

Sophie Reich /

Awhile ago I installed a 13.13 Dellorto carb and a techno circuit pipe on my otherwise stock 90s ciao. It's taken me awhile to get a good seal on the exhaust and to figure out the right jetting but I finally got it to a point where it seemed be riding well but then it started to ride somewhat irregularly. It'll start up well, takes a minute to warm up and then gets up to speed gradually. It was getting good speed at wot. After riding it for awhile though (maybe 10-20 minutes) it loses power and dies, both gradually and sometimes immediately. Also the top speed I can get out of it varies quite a bit. I have a 55 main jet in the carb and I just put new gas and a new sparkplug in. I was also running it at night with the light on if that makes any difference.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is this a symptom of running rich or lean? Obviously something is changing once the engine heats up.

Re: Ciao running irregular

Make sure air filter housing is tight and filter isn't coming apart or moving around in there.

Shut off the gas when it acts up and with the bike on the stand, loosen the float bowl and check the amount in it. While you have the float bowl off,check the main jet closely for debris.Also check the holes in the emulsion tube straight above the main jet.

There's no way your exhaust is too close to the carb bowl is there?Because it IS possible to `vapor-lock' a moped carb.don-ohio (:^)

Sophie Reich /

I did a plug chop and it looks good. Maybe a tad dark but just by a little bit.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

did the sudden stops lock the back wheel? was it a seizure?

Sophie Reich /

It doesn't lock the back wheel

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account