Off topic, wiring experts! Madass, honda three speed four stroke motor swap PHOTOS

Kenneth Sanders I I /

I swapped a Madass motor to a panterra dirtbike that had a three speed four stroke honda clone motor like the Madass.

The Madass motor is bolted on and ready to go, but when I attached the wire clip, no spark. I detached the female and male wire connecters from the two clips and tried every possible combination and tested for spark each time. Except I didn't try any combos with the extra black and yellow stripe wire that the Madass has.

I looked up the wiring diagram for both motors, but the Madass motor wires don't seem to match up with the diagram because all three connected to the clip are yellow.

I also noticed that on the bottom of the Madass motor it has an electric starter that is not needed, should I take it out or just leave it, it has a male connection prong coming from it but no wires attached to it.

The Madass motor is new and unmolested so I doubt that the lack I spark is because of something faulty. Just wiring.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I should do to get spark.

Photos:

Panterra wiring frame side:

Madass motor wires,note the extra wire and note the green and red ink I put on to differentiate, they are actually all plain yellow:

Re: Off topic, wiring experts! Madass, honda three speed four stroke motor swap PHOTOS

Kenneth Sanders I I /

Voltage regulator needed?

Re: Off topic, wiring experts! Madass, honda three speed four stroke motor swap PHOTOS

Kenneth Sanders I I /

Bump

The madass is 3 phase.

Kenneth Sanders I I /

So does that mean the swap isn't possible?

It means you need a rectifier for a 3 phase stator. Or, swap the damn stator plate.

Another road block, PHOTOS

Kenneth Sanders I I /

Another roadblock, how the hell should I swap the stator plate when I'm looking at this:

stock panterra motor stator:

And now here's what's on the swapped Madass motor:

Obviously it looks as if a stator swap is impossible, unless I am missing something. So should I just put the stock stator back on the Sachs and get a voltage regulator for it? Or maybe there is a different stator out there that will give this Madass powered panterra dirtbike spark?

Note only the 3 yellow wires coming from the stator on the Madass and the one blue/yellow coming from the cdi.

The pantera stator only has an ignition coil and trigger, the madass has a larger coil for lights and recharging the battery. Keep the madass stator. If you look at the madass wiring diagram all three yellow wires from the stator go into the voltage regulator/rectifier before going out to the lights, cdi, etc. The blue one from the ignition trigger goes to the cdi box.

Kenneth Sanders I I /

So what should I do to get spark? The panterra doesn't have a battery, nor a lighting system and no I don't plan to install one.

Spell it out for me, I'm stooped

The madass has a dc powered cdi. You will HAVE to install a rectifier and at the very least aset of ccapacitors or a small battery to power the cdi. You need a 3 phase rectifier. Easiestssource is from pretty much any motorcycle made in the last 20 years.

If it was me I'd grab a stock madass rectifier and cdi.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account