Horn not working at speed

On my stock Motomarina Sebring M1 and my Puch Cobra k-star 70cc (still using points 6v) the horns both work at idle and low speeds, but anything over about 15 mph on both bikes the horns do not work. All other electrical functions work properly.

The Puch won't sound at all, but the Motomarina makes a tiny 1/4 second chirp but nothing more even when holding the horn buttons down.

Puch is a new 6v horn.

Motomarina stock horn.

Any ideas? I searched wiki and previous forums with no luck.

Re: Horn not working at speed

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

What the fuck is a horn?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

It probably is working. You just can't hear it because you're traveling faster than the speed of the sound. Mach1+ dude. Happens to me all the time.

Same deal...check this thread....I wound up ordering a new 6v horn on ebay...pretty affordable

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,3689536,3690110#msg-3690110

Thank you

travelling at mach .04

Glenn Kuehn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> travelling at mach .04

Glenn,yer killin'me! LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Mach .04, Glenn is your check carburetor light on, that's why you can only hit .04 .

You know,that's probably about 27 mph! LOL! don-ohio

30.448mph

Really? Wouldn't it be about 1/25th of the speed of sound? I thought that was about 700+ mph? Oh well,apparently it distorts the horn waves by severe Doppler effect.LOL! don-ohio (:^)

he is right .04 mach (.04xspeed of sound at sea level = 761.207051 miles per hour)=30.448282mph, doable . Next crisis (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account