Sachs Eagle 3 no start

Hey guys,

So I have gas, compression, and spark but I'm still not kicking over. While looking for any electrical problems, I found these wires hanging off near my kill switch. I took apart the switch to see what was up. I can't figure out where they go. I found a wiring schematic, and it shows them being connected to something. I can't figure out what that's a pic of. Any ideas? Could this be the cause of my no start?

Thanks in advance guys!

image.jpg

Re: Sachs Eagle 3 no start

those wires go to the front brake lever. they work the brake light switch.

some bikes require a functioning brake light bulb to start. i don't know if thats the case on sachs but check brake light bulb anyway.

Thank you for the reply. Your name is awesome btw. Awhile ago I had both my tail light and rear brake bulbs out and my bike still ran. So there should be a terminal on my hand brake that connects to this wire? I'll check it out when I get home.

maybe your carb and jets are dirty. you have in-line filter. petcock turned to on?

nice bike. is that a 505 1d engine? can't tell from the picture angle.

are you a butcher or work in slaughter house?

ever see the movie motel hell? :)

I'm a chef and I break down whole animals at home for fun.

I never saw that movie, but I just watched a trailer and now I'm hooked...

current status..

hard start, it doesn't even turn over. I really have to pedal my ass off and it MIGHT start. If it does start, my bike runs perfect.

What I've done...

New plug- I am getting a nice blue spark

Completely broke down and cleaned carb

Checked fuel flow to carb

No faulty wiring

Set timing, set points, search for air leak, check jet to see if appropriate size.

Patrick Keaton /

If all that does not work,replace decompression valve with a bolt of the same thread.

The answer was, starter cable adjustment...

nice.

now you can watch that movie :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account