Honda NU50 Troubleshooting

Jay Williams /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have an 82 Honda urban express that I have been trying to work on and have been running into some problems. When I first got it I cleaned the carburetor/petcock and replaced float valve, new carburetor gaskets and new spark plug. I bypassed the oil injection and auto choke by using vacuum caps. Running 50:1 premix. Started but didn’t run well. Replaced reeds and burned out muffler hoping that it would increase performance of the bike but no luck. Sprayed the motor down while running to see if any performance changes, but nothing. It starts and idles fine, the muffler spits out a lot of white/gray smoke. The bike doesn’t go over 10 mph and it seems as if it is getting too much gas and not revving out. I don’t have an air box but when I block some of the air getting into the carb with my hand it just gets worse. I even down jetted the carb to see if that would make a difference but no. Bike has no battery, but I don’t think that will affect performance.

I’ve been doing searches here but not sure where to go now. Any suggestions?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account