Replacing bearings and seals

When replacing bearings and seals, how do u put the seals on? Do the lips face the bearings or do they face away from the bearings?

Re: Replacing bearings and seals

Brent Bublitz /

Yes.

That's doesnt help because u didn't answer my question

Yes, it depends which way you want it to seal, look at the seal you are replacing and put the new one in the same way.

matt boda1nz /

My lips are sealed.

Also I have another question. When all the seals and bearing are replaced does it have to be broken in. Because I am comparing my other moped and the flywheel seems to spins much easier than the one I'm working on now. Is it just because the motor needs to be broken in?

You sure you have all the spacers in the right place and the case gaskets are correct? Have you oiled everything up? Shouldn't be too hard to turn.

Yes,take it easy for a few hours breaking it in and use a little more oil,say,25:1. don-ohio (:^)

So I should use a little more oil in my mix? The only thing I'm worried about that may possibly cause the problem is because of the seals facing the the wrong way, which wouldn't make any sense if that was the problem. Everything else I did correctly

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The crank may feel a little stiffer after new bearings and seals. Make sure to coat the seals and bearings with 2 stroke oil before replacing. I'd run your pre-mix at least 40:1 for the first couple hundred miles.

Ben Grinev Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So I should use a little more oil in my mix? The

> only thing I'm worried about that may possibly

> cause the problem is because of the seals facing

> the the wrong way, which wouldn't make any sense

> if that was the problem. Everything else I did

> correctly

Didn't you see how the old seals faced? They have a flat side and an open side,usually with a spring behind the lip.don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account