urban express muffler question

The exhaust on my '83 urban express is shot. Too many holes in it. Its time to upgrade to a better muffler but Im not looking to spend $200 on a MLM pipe.

What are some alternative mufflers I could replace my stock exhaust with thatll increase performance and not cost a small fortune or require me to remove my kickstand and do some welding? Its hard to figure out what fits easily to this moped

Re: urban express muffler question

Stephanie Rose /

Well the mlm is the best and it's modified to bolt right onto the urban. If you get any other pipe you will have to make some modifications to it to get it to bolt on and be reliable.

For the money you get a solid performance pipe that you you don't have to fuck with.

It's a hit or miss situation with another pipe. You spend money to get it to fit on there right.

Wish you luck!!! Id try a circuit pipe (edited)

Stephanie Rose /

Probably could make a proma work. I have the mlm performance side bled and I love it. But I understand it's pricey.

I cant think of any under $200 . What shape is your header in, this might work. It says no wielding. http://www.mopeddivision.com/tecno-universal-exhaust-black-with-gold-silencer/

There are only 2 bolt on options and the mom is the cheaper of the two. Anything else will require cutting, welding, your stock header in good shape, and possibly the loss of your center stand if you cannot get clearance. You will also have to make a support bracket to the engine cases and it had better be sturdy. I ripped my exhaust studs out learning that lesson.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account