Puch Maxilux No Spark.

I am trying to find out what meter readings should be when I crank the engine for the Puch.

Blue=ignition (should produce some reading but what?)

Blue/Black ---Should be grounded?

Other wires that are present are

yellow

Green

Green/Black

Lt. Grey

I have tried to attach the Blue wire to my coil, and ground my coil to the engine. No Luck

I have tried to attach the Blue wire to my coil, and the Blue/Black wire to the engine, and grounded my coil to the engine. No Luck

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Puch Maxilux No Spark.

First thing I do is make sure my kill switch isn't grounded,and the wire isn't bad all the way from the ignition to the kill switch. You can check it with an ohmmeter.Sometimes a horn can ground the ignition on some bikes,but I'm sure a Puch expert will answer shortly. don-ohio (:^)

Thanks.

The motor was not connected to the rest of the moped when I bought it.

So I have a points and condenser set up, with 6 wires coming out of the magneto area.

Blue

Blue/Black

Yellow

Green

Green/Black

Lt. Grey.

The rest of the harness is on the bike, but not connected to anything. Not looking to make the moped run (yet) just want to make sure I have (or can get) spark.

Thanks!

They pretty much go to their matching colors in the harness...unless your bike doesn't have the original harness, then you have to search wiring diagrams and figure out how to match them up.

Got it. Thanks. Trying to sort if my components (Coil or points) are the issue.

I have downloaded the correct wiring schematic.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account