Hobbit variator problems

I'm in the middle of getting my 78 hobbit together so I can ride but ran into a problem with my variator assembly. The plastic caps on the end if the weights are broke up and have wore down the inside. Is there anyway to fix this or does anyone have spare parts I could buy?

Re: Hobbit variator problems

Not if they have destroyed the ramps. You would have to build them back up with material. Tig welder. Buy another pulley or get a TJT.

The ramps are ate up but wasn't sure if I could tig them because of the amount of space. I was hoping to find a pulley but haven't had any luck.

Finding one in good shape will be very difficult and they will likely want what could rather be spent on a brand new TJT. You then get the ability to buy new, standard sized weights in any flavor you like rather than having to drill, fill and make your your own.

Emil Kniemel /

the pulleys of the pa50i and pa50ii are the same. i probably have an extra pulley somewhere.

could also get moped factory plastic weights.

How much do you want for the pulley shipped to 25401?

Are your belts 30 degree angled? and like under 15.5 mm wide? dont nkow for sure on this, 90mm wide diamter? bet an sa50 would work. 94+ they use 16x13 roller weights too. i was looking at the tjt variator.

Haven't checked any measurements. I was wanting a tjt setup but I can't find anyone that has them in stock.

also the middle hole. dont know about the size and the boss both the ramp has a hole in the middle. smaller and the variators hole in the middle. variator has a boss in there. ramp goes on the crank.

What you just said made absolutely no sense.

b hat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> also the middle hole. dont know about the size

> and the boss both the ramp has a hole in the

> middle. smaller and the variators hole in the

> middle. variator has a boss in there. ramp goes

> on the crank.

DPC Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What you just said made absolutely no sense.

where the crank goes through it (edited)

The ramp goes onto the clutch bell, the bell goes onto the crank.

And the ramp plate linked above is not for the tjt, it is for Camino 6 roller pulleys that came stock.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account