Tomos st internal chain

I bought a tomos st and the seller said the internal chain fell off? Is that bad? Can it be fixed?

Re: Tomos st internal chain

It's what transfers the force from the pedals to the engine for starting. Normally it shouldn't just fall off. Drain the transmission fluid, remove the pedal arms, remove the transmission cover. Take the clutch out and then you can slide the pedal shaft and gear cluster out at the same time. Inspect everything for wear or damage. Clean out any broken bits, put everything back together, align the claw collar with the case and reinsert the pedal shaft and gear cluster at the same time. Once its in twist the gear very slightly to make sure it's fully seated. Now put it back together with a new gasket.

So it should work? How much is a new gasket

The gasket will cost you $5.00 plus shipping from someplace like treatland. Does the moped operate like it should? If you can pedal forward to move the moped, and pedal backwards to start the engine I don't think the pedal chain is your problem.

They engine will not start. Can i get a gasket at a moped repair store?

So if you pedal backwards the pedals just spin without turning anything? If the moped repair store stocks tomos moped parts, then it shouldn't be a problem to get a gasket.

Exactly

Probably not a big deal to fix yourself. The main thing to watch out for is where the shims go. When you remove the cover they will either be on the end of the shafts, or they will stick to the inside of the transmission cover. You'll have a few big ones on the end of the pedal shaft and one or maybe two smaller ones that go on the end of the gear cluster shaft. Make sure they go back in the right spot when you put it back together.

Thanks

Moped repair store, I live on the moon.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account