honda urban express?

mike mazzara /

I recently bought this and I need to know if oil is supposed to go where the plastic screw cap is on the right side of the engine, or what is it for?

Re: honda urban express?

Someone probably removed the oil injection pump and put a plug there, meaning you premix oil and gas now.

mike mazzara /

no the oil injection still works, this is a big plastic cap about the size of a quarter.

Stephanie Rose /

Can you take a picture? Usually people block off the oil injection and premix, so they can know exactly what's going into the bike.

That cap is a dust cover for the timing marks, your stator is under there an no oil goes there. Its so that you can check the timing through the hole.

Oil does go into the gear box of the final drive at the rear wheel though.

simon thokaar /

the 2 stroke oil reservoir is under the seat.

mike mazzara /

ok thanks, now I know what it"s for

Brent Bublitz /

I would do some serious reading up and learn why people recommend disabling the oil injection. There are reasons.

Not a stock Honda there isn't. If it works now, it will work later. If you service the system you better KNOW how to service it. 90% of problems come from improper service procedure causing air bubbles and such.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account